Last year was my first year living on the Mornington Peninsula but I was away, visiting my daughter, on the weekend of last year’s Frankston Christmas Festival of Lights. I will not be missing it this year, especially after how much I enjoyed the festive community atmosphere of the Frankston Waterfront Festival in January. This will be the 16th year for the Christmas Festival.
Santa & friends will be arriving to the event in a double decker bus!! They are leaving from the Frankston Train Station (Young Street Side),at 4:30pm and arrive at the Festival Site around 5:15pm.
Starting at 5.00pm the festival opens with concert performances, carnival rides, kids activities, market and food stalls. The climax of the evening is the lighting of the large 100 year old Norfolk Pine Tree along with fireworks, special effects, and a sound and light show.
Rudolph’s Market Place will be full of quality handmade products and Christmas themed goods so you can have an evening of fun and still get some Christmas shopping done.
Food and Drink
A wide selection of international foods will be available so there is no need for dinner before you go.
The entertainment will be hosted by Sonia Marinelli from Nine News along with Santa and Mrs Claus
At the Arts Centre
- Meet Stuart and Jorge, from Despicable Me 2, – from 5:00pm-8:30pm, outside the Frankston Art Centre.
- North Pole Activity Centre -Kids can make decorations, decorate a Christmas tree, enter coloring competitions and enjoy other activities.
- Smurfs 2 will be performing the Smurfiest Christmas Carols at 5.30pm, 6.30pm ,7.30pm and 8.30pm
- Children can dress up and be part of a traditional Nativity Scene
- Visit Santa in his house, Kids receive a special gift.
- Coloring and Face painting
- Brotherhood of St Lawrence’s Christmas Window Exhibition
If you want to take some photos here is a great article from Strobist – How to Photograph Christmas Lights
For more details see the Festival Online Brochure.